Wednesday, August 4, 2010

My Katelyn





I was watching TV yesterday, and saw a celebrity that I really like, talking about her son who also has Autism. Since it's a subject close to my heart, I feel the need to address some of the things that this celebrity was telling the public about Autism.
Moms, please do not automatically assume that childhood vaccinations cause Autism. Though there is no known cause, I am a firm believer that childhood vaccines did NOT cause my child to be diagnosed with it. In my baby Katelyn's case, there were circumstances surrounding the pregnancy that I believe, along with many of our family members, cause Katelyn to be born with Autism.

When my girl was still in the womb, EVERYTHING was fine. I had a GREAT pregnancy. I was a great weight, did not smoke, did not drink, I ate well, and I excersized. It wasn't until I was in labor for hours and hours that we knew things weren't exactly right, but we had no clue what was going on. After an hour of pushing, I was rushed into an emergency c-section, where we found that Katelyns umbilical cord was EXTREMELY short. It was so short, the doctor could not lift her out of my belly to cut the cord. If I would have kept pushing, the cord could have been ripped and they would not have been able to get either of us to an operating room fast enough to do damage control. I thank my lucky stars everyday that the dr decided to perform a c section. It basically saved our lives.
The umbilical cord provides oxygen, and nutrition to a baby while they are still in their mother's womb. In this case, Katelyn's umbilical cord was short, so there is no way of knowing if she was getting enough oxygen or too much. All we do know is that years later, my baby was diagnosed with Autism. Of course, this is just my theory, and every parent has their own theory but just in case this helps anyone in their decision to vaccinate or not, I feel the need to share this story.
This is definitely the best peice of advice for the readers of this blog so pay careful attention to this next part. IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM, IS IT EVER OK TO ASK A PARENT , ESPECIALLY IF THEIR CHILD IS SPECIAL, "WHAT IS WRONG WITH HER ?" I honestly have had the same government employee ask me 2 times what is wrong with Katelyn. Nothing is wrong with a child with special needs. They are the same as every other child in this world, the only difference is that God thought they were super special so he made them just a little different. I have never met another child that is more loving, friendly , and as normal as my Katelyn. She is the same as any other child,and is one of the 3 biggest blessings in my life.



PLEASE DONT BE IGNORANT!!! TREAT PEOPLE WITH SPECIAL NEEDS LIKE THEY ARE NORMAL. IF YOU TREAT THEM DIFFERENTLY , YOU ARE ONLY FEEDING THOSE IGNORANT ENOUGH TO ACTUALLY THINK THERE IS "SOMETHING WRONG " WITH BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN THAT ARE JUST A LITTLE SPECIAL.

2 comments:

  1. People cease to amaze me in their stupidity. You DO have a beautiful daughter and she must be doing very well to get so many certificates at school. God bless you woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a prize for you! Go check out my post

    http://kayla-randolph.blogspot.com/2010/07/blogger-award-blog-with-substancethats.html

    ReplyDelete