Tuesday, July 20, 2010

♥ Gracias ♥

Katelyn pigtails My life would never be the same. It was all included into one little snuggly wrapped pink bundle of joy that I gave birth to on July 6th 2005. Every mom thinks their baby is the most beautiful thing they have ever seen. But I KNEW she WAS the most beautiful baby I had ever seen. Of course, lol she does look alot like her mama :). Katelyn Marae was what we named her. She was instantly an easy baby. Only cried when she wanted or needed something, and even LOVED watching TV! Her favorite movie for the longest time was Robots. Now she is just sick of that movie lol!Katelyn and daddy
Her whole first year, she did everything perfectly. We lived in an apartment across from her aunt and cousin, who was just a year older than she was. I will never forget the first time Katelyn laughed. Mashanna (Corey's oldest sister) and Jadan (her son) were over just as they were every day. We were sitting on the couch and Jadan walked to my pantry. He opened the door. Katelyn literally BURST out with laughter! As soon as he closed the door, she erupted in laughter again! She literally was laughing everytime Jadan would open and close that door. Her laugh was so hearty and you could tell that she was just the happiest little girl !
When she was 1 we moved to Larose and stayed with Corey's parents for awhile. There, the spoiling began and Katelyn soon learned that if you want something, you have to go to Grammy. Anything she wanted, she got. Because of that Katelyn is the most picky eater that has ever walked the Earth!!! She loved living there but when she was almost 2, we moved into our own place.
Photobucket 2 months after moving in, Mommy and Daddy gave Katelyn a surprise! A new baby sister! At first she didnt realize what was going on and that Kaylee was here to stay but within a week, Katelyn was checking on her sissy even when the baby was sleeping. She would help Mommy try to feed the baby, she would watch as I changed her diapers and was very loving and caring . Thats allllll different now lol. Katelyn baby
Katelyn got another surprise a few years later. Mommy and Daddy, decided to add another runt to the mix, this time, a stinky little brother. As she did with her sissy, Katelyn was very protective and loving of her little baby brother.
PhotobucketAbout a month after the baby was born, Katelyn entered PreK where she was in Miss Lorry's class. I've never seen my baby so happy! She LOVES school and all of her teachers!Last year she went from a 25 word vocabulary to speaking full SENTENCES!!! She can write her name, and identify ALL of her classmates names when written on paper! She knows the words to songs, and LOVES singing.
Photobucket Just the other day, I was tucking my sweet girl into bed. She had been sleeping for awhile and I just pulled the covers up around her neck. In her sleep, Katleyn mumbled under her breath, " Gracias Mama ". My baby was speaking another language in her sleep! That moment made me sigh, and really made me think that no matter what the obstacle may be, in Katelyns case its Autism , but no matter what the obstacle in life may be, there is always little moments like this that give you hope for a better tomorrow. Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. what a beautiful post! Now that I am wiping away tears I have to redo my make up and head to work. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete